Tuscan Kale, White Bean & Italian Sausage Soup (Heron Hill Winery)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup minced white onion
- 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs ground Italian sauce (mild or hot)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 10 ozs fresh kale leaves, remove leaves from stems & tear into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup cooked or canned white beans, rinsed & drained (Great Northern or Cannellini )
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Heron Hill Classic Muscat
- 1 lb 1 lb. cooked elbow pasta (optional)
1. Sauté onions & garlic over medium-high heat in olive until onions just start to soften.
2. Add sausage and cook through.
3. Add Muscat, stirring to de-glaze the pan. Let cook 2-3 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms, kale, and cook down for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Add beans, broth, water, and salt & pepper to taste. Turn down heat to a simmer and let cook for 30 minutes.
optional: Add cooked pasta to give heartiness to the soup.