Joyce Hunt's Broccoli Cheese Soup
(Hunt Country Vineyards)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped, fresh or frozen
- 1 white onion, small, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 15oz can evaporated milk
- 2 cups Kutter's 1-year sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Amino
- 1/4 cup Hunt Country Vineyards Seyval Blanc wine
· Stir together stock, broccoli, diced onion, evaporated milk, Bragg’s Liquid Amino and cheese in a medium saucepot.
· Heat over medium heat until simmering (take care not to boil or the soup will curdle) then reduce to medium low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onion is cooked and soft.
· Use either an immersion blender, food processor or standard blender to puree soup.
· Return to saucepot, season with the salt and pepper and stir in the Seyval Blanc.
· Serve with a glass of Hunt Country Seyval Blanc or Classic Red and enjoy!