Joyce's Corn Chowder
(Hunt Country Vineyards)
September 8, 2014
- 4 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb corn, fresh cut or frozen
- 1/4 cup peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 11 ozs creamed corn (1 can)
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsps Hunt Country Vineyards Cream Sherry
- Place first 6 ingredients in a pot. Cover tightly and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add next 6 ingredients and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Add the Cream Sherry just before serving. Enjoy!
*Chowder can be thickened, if desired, by mixing 1/4 C. flour with 1/3 C. water and creating a paste. Add to chowder, heat and stir
until thickened to desired to consistency.