Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Chicken
(Dr. Frank's Vinifera Wine Cellars)
May 6, 2014
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 8 ozs fresh mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten each chicken breast to about 1/4 inch.
- Spread 3 roasted red pepper spears onto each chicken breast; top each with mozzarella cheese, about 2 ounces of cheese per breast. Carefully roll up the chicken and secure with toothpicks.
- Place the beaten eggs in a pie plate or shallow dish. In a medium bowl, combine panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the eggs and then into the panko parmesan mixture. Make sure the breasts are well coated. Discard any extra mixture. Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and the chicken is golden brown. Serve warm. Note: Make sure you remove the toothpicks before eating.