MY TRIP (0)
Current Winery Hours & Offerings
The wineries are open!
The Trail will continue to update this page with necessary information about visiting, any changes and member wineries hours and offerings. We are committed to providing a safe and clean place for you to enjoy, and we ask that you also make the commitment to adhere to the policies put in place at each winery! Many of the requirements the wineries have in place are mandated by the New York State Liquor Authority and the State of New York in order to be open.
It's important to know that things may look different, but that same feeling of being in Finger Lakes Wine Country on Keuka Lake will persist. We truly believe these changes have made room for many positive experiences. All tastings are seated where you are able to select a flight or recieve a tasting experience with a server. Wineries are also required by the state to serve food with any alcohol consumption. This is typically a light snack such as crackers, pretzels or cheese for example. (Which we think is great anyway while you're sipping on wine!)
Now that we're entering the cooler months, outdoor spaces cannot be utilized, so it's important to plan ahead to ensure there is availability during your visit. Here are some things to know ahead of time and what to expect when visiting wineries at this time and for the forseeable future;
- Social distancing will continue to be enforced and important. Tables and parties will be spaced 6 ft. apart.
- Visitors are required to wear masks at all times except when seated. Winery staff will have masks on at all times.
- Capacity restrictions are in place. Group sizes are limited to smaller numbers that are allowed in their tasting rooms (expect no more than 4-8 people per group).
- Reservations are required at the following member wineries: Heron Hill Winery, Hunt Country Vineyards & McGregor Vineyard. Wineries that do require a reservation will do their best to accomodate walk-ins if space allows. We recommend to call ahead before your visit! Don't forget to check out associate member wineries!
- The average cost of a wine tasting right now among member wineries is $10 (ranging from $8-14), which is a reflection of the extra staff and effort the wineries employ in order to operate safely.
- New York State has issued a travel advisory for anyone entering the state from states or territories that are experiencing recent, significant, community-wide spread of COVID-19. For a list of states and territories that meet the criteria for required quarantine, visit https://ny.gov/states.
- On 10/20/20, NYS Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that our neighboring states, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Connecticut meet the criteria for the travel advisory. They were not placed on the list of restricted states nor is this travel ban or executive order, but the update discourages nonessential travel from CT, NJ, and PA. This recommendation is in place to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 from those traveling from areas that have high infection rates. The discouragement of nonessential travel will be removed only when numbers no longer meet the travel advisory criteria. Right now, it is very important to call and plan ahead, especially if you are from one of these three states.
We thank you for your patience, support and compliance of the current policies.
BELOW IS A LIST OF OUR MEMBER WINERIES AND THEIR CURRENT HOURS AND OFFERINGS.
Heron Hill Winery: Open Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday from12-5pm for tastings by reservation (different tastings are avaialble: Classic, Reserve or Tower experience), wine by the glass/bottle and curbside service. Reservations can be made online at www.heronhill.com or by calling the winery at 1-800-441-4241 ex. 15. Individual, pre-packaged food items will be available to purchase. Please call ahead to schedule a curbside pick up. Online store open 24/7. Offering free shipping on any orders. Check out the at home tasting flight kits and virtual tastings!
Hunt Country Vineyards: Open Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday 11am-5pm for tastings by reservation for a 30 minute tasting (staff led or self-guided options are available), wine by the glass/bottle and curbside service. No more than 6 people per group. To make a reservation, use this link: https://huntcountryvineyards.as.me/schedule.php
Please call ahead to schedule pick up. Online store open 24/7. Free shipping on 12+ bottles.
Keuka Spring Vineyards: Open daily in November 10am-5pm and Friday, Saturday & Sunday in December, 10am-5pm for tastings, wine by the glass/bottle and curbside service. No more than 6 people per group. The tasting room is open for wine and gift sales. If there is a wait time when you arrive, they use a waitlist app and text you when a spot becomes available. Curbside pickup is available. Online store open 24/7 and free shipping on purchases of 6+ bottles.
McGregor Vineyard: Open daily, 11am-5pm for tasting flights on the outdoor patio by reservation for no more than 6 people for a 45 minute tasting. Walk-ins allowed, seated only as table space accommodates. To make a reservation, use this link: https://www.mcgregorwinery.com/reservations
Curbside pick up service Thursday-Sunday by appointment from 12-5pm using this link: www.mcgregorwinery.com/curbside. Online store open 24/7. Offering free shipping on orders of 6+ bottles.
Stever Hill Vineyards: Open Wednesday-Sunday, 11am-5 pm for tastings and wine by the glass/bottle. Wine Slushies and local craft beer pints also available. No more than 8 people per group.
Curbside pickup is also available by calling or e-mailing the winery ahead of time to place your order and schedule a pick up.
Vineyard View Winery: Open Saturday-Sunday 12-5pm. This includes tastings, and wine and beer by the glass. No more than 6 people per group. Curbside pickup is available during open hours. Call ahead of time to place your order.
Check their Facebook page and website for their events.
Are passports still available?
Update: As of 11/2/2020 Passport Sales are currently on pause and may resume soon! Passports are great if you are looking to experience all our member wineries and then some. The passport entitles you to a tasting at each 6 member wineries. Included are also discounts at associate member wineries, restaurants, area attractions, tour operators and accommodations. Please note that the purchase of a passport does not mean you automatically have reservations at wineries. You'll still need to make reservations at the following wineries: Heron Hill Winery, Hunt Country Vineyards and McGregor Vineyards. Visit our passport page for all the details and to purchase.
How do I know if a winery can ship to my state?
Each state has its own regulations regarding licenses to ship wine to consumers who reside in their state. Each winery manages which licenses they choose to obtain for shipping wine; therefore each winery is different on which states they can ship to. Please check their websites or call to see if they can ship to your state.
What is happening with Wine Trail events?
IMPORTANT TRAIL EVENTS UPDATE RELATED TO COVID-19: PUBLIC EVENTS AND LARGE GATHERINGS HAVE BEEN IMMENSELY EFFECTED IN RECENT MONTHS AND WERE NOT ABLE TO TAKE PLACE. WE WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP THE SAFETY AND HEALTH OF OUR COMMUNITY, THOSE WHO WORK AT THE WINERIES AND ALL THOSE WHO VISIT TOP PRIORITY. DUE TO MANY UNCERTAINITIES THE TRAIL HAS MADE THE DECISION TO CANCEL THE REST OF THE SCHEDULED SIGNATURE EVENTS IN 2020. At this time, we are not selling any tickets for events in 2021.
If you have questions or need assistance, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we are a small team and will respond as soon as we can.